PASTA CHOCOLATE CONES
Every since I saw the cone shaped mould, always wanted to try making cones.
Had no idea how to start, and then this idea struck me and was an instant hit at my place.
I have dipped the cones in melted chocolate and filled them with some pasta. You’ll certainly fall in love with the recipe.
You can always try other variations for the filling.
This is my first post using my new DSLR, SONY A58K and i am in love with it………….
The dish wants no intro I guess:))
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CONE –
1 cup – all purpose flour (maida)
¼ cup – oil
½ tsp – oregano
½ tsp – chili flakes
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Combine all the ingredients and knead a semi stiff dough using water.
- Roll the dough into a big thin chapatti, using a little flour.
- Using a pizza cutter or any knife, cut thin long strips.
- Take a cone mould and apply water on it. Now roll these strips around the mould, starting from the pointed end towards the top.
- Cover the entire cone well.
- Make cones out of all the strips and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the cones till golden brown in color.
- Let them cool. Shake the mould and here comes the lovely spiral cones.
INGREDIENTS for the pasta filling –
1 cup – cooked pasta
1⁄2 cup – chopped capsicum
1⁄2 cup – chopped tomato
1⁄2 cup – chopped onion
1⁄2 cup – cooked soya chunks
3 tbsp – Amul cream
1 tsp – ginger garlic paste
1 – chopped chillies Half tomato grated
2 tbsp – olive oil/ butter/ veg. oil 1⁄2 tsp – sugar
1⁄2 tsp – oregano
1⁄2 tsp – chili flakes
Chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Add ginger – garlic paste. Saute for a while.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes and capsicum. Add grated tomato and saute till cooked.
- Add oregano, chili flakes, salt and sugar. Cook for 5-7 mins.
- Add cooked soya chunks and cook for more 5 mins.
- Add Amul cream and cooked pasta.
- Switch off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Keep aside.
Other ingredients – Dark chocolate
CHOP DARK CHOCOLATE AND MELT IT IN A DOUBLE BOILER. AND KEEP ASIDE
How to proceed further –
- Dip half the cone in melted chocolate and keep aside till it dries up.
- Now fill the cone with the prepared pasta filling.
- Serve immediately.
Do tag us when you try our recipes, on any of our social media handles –
Do share your feedback.
Thank you for visiting !!